Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Year Starts & Friday Night Sew In

While others are posting their New Year completions, here are my New Year starts.

Today I started sewing on the McCalls Quilting BOM "America the Beautiful." I pieced the Shining Sun Block:  I couldn't believe it--When I finished the block and went to square it up. It was an exact 12" X 12"!


Then I worked on the "Fields Block". It is sewn "on point"-(Is that the right term Amy?) It is 8 1/2" X  56".  Now I need to set my mind to the idea--that, "Yes, Linda, you can cut templates and sew the pieces into a block!"  I need to use templates to make the "Barn Block."

On New Year's day (while DH watched football) I pieced the quilt top for the baby due in March if he is a boy.  I know---It is almost just like Cole's.  Well at least I changed the border colors.  I have the fabric cut to start on the "If the new baby is a girl" quilt.

At school this week there are two new referrals for students that need to be tested to determine if they are Students with a Specific Learning Disability.



Friday Night Sew-In is coming this Friday night.  A Virtual Sew-in to work on all those MUF's, UFO's, or projects that we want to work on!!!  I am looking forward to it. How about you?

I would like to finish the new baby boy quilt and work on piecing the baby girl quilt.

5 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Your BOM is really lovely. Are you using all the same fabrics that are in the picture?
The baby quilt is cute. I can't believe you are making two. When I didn't know girl or boy I just made a colorful one... but now that I think back, one of my daughters commented that it was so bright the baby couldn't sleep under it!

Maria said...

Great start for a lady as busy as you.The new baby's quilt is lovely.
Hope your DIL is keeping well.

FlourishingPalms said...

Cute quilt! In your header is an identical cute quilt with a cute baby too! You've got yourself surrounded with cuddly type stuff, don't you? And I know you appreciate all of it too. Wonderful.

Amy said...

On point is definitely what I could consider those units to be :0)

**sigh** more referrals huh? What is up with our world today? (A) More chemicals in our foods? (B) Less knowledgeable parents attempting to bring up children? (C) More drug/alcohol babies? (D) More advanced content being taught earlier (too early) for children? Maybe a bit of (E) all of the above???

HEY! While digging (organizing) through a stack of fabric the other day, I came across a swatch of John Deere fabric; I'll have to see about gettin' it to you. Never know when you'll need some more :0) I don't think it was a scrap....there was a bit more to it than that.

Margaret said...

Surfed from Maria's blog. I have enjoyed my stay you are doing some great work on the machine and in the family.