Thursday, December 16, 2010

I am still here!

 Like everyone else I have been busy with Christmas preparations. I have missed reading your postings and learning what is happening in your worlds.

Tuesday  was our elementary Christmas Program.  As Amy of Amy's Passions wrote about living in a small town.  We still have a "Christmas Program" not a "Holiday Program" where each grade sings two or three songs.  The students perform  a mixture of holiday, Santa, and true Christmas songs.  The gym is full of parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and plenty of younger siblings.  The fifth graders who started playing instruments this fall put on their first performance with all the proud parents not hearing the squeaks and squawks.  Last night was my small group Christmas gathering-I will post about our project later, and tonight I have to sell tickets at the high school wrestling match. (All teachers have to work at least 5 events.)

On Wednesday nights I  am part of  a small group through my church.  This fall we studied Jennifer Rothchild's book "Self Talk Soul Talk." .  The church is over crowded and there are not  enough places on campus on Wednesday nights.  This fall our group meet at Pastor Chopper and Andrea's home.  Every week Andrea has her house ready for 15-20 women to meet in her living room,  use the dining/ kitchen  area for our snacks and hot tea or hot chocolate.  She has a first grader and a 4 year old.  I made her this runner in appreciation for having her home open to us.

I finished the tree skirt as a gift for my Para educator at school.  It was a joint gift for her birthday and Christmas.  Last year I used the same fabrics to make a runner for her.

I finished a table topper that is being sent  to my Secret Santa.  Yes, I know I am late.  That seems to be what is happening in my life lately.  I hope she will forgive me and enjoy it. It will go in the mail on Friday noon. 







There is still  a great deal of Christmas shopping and preparations.  The Midwest snowstorm hit us last weekend.  We didn't receive the amount that Mpls and St. Paul received but enough that everything was closed including malls, walmart, etc.  Even the highways were closed to traffic and all snowplows pulled on Saturday.
 

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi, Linda~
What beautiful things you have made!! Those are the colors I like for Christmas.
I hope you will be able to get the rest of your shopping done. We got snow here today. Thankfully I went to the store yesterday!
That is a very interesting video. I don't have a facebook, but I can imagine that's probably about the way it would have happened.
Take care and thanks for stopping by to visit. ♥

scraphappy said...

Your Christmas gifts look beautiful. I am sure the new owners will appreciate all your time devotion. I hope you are able to enjoy your time off over the holiday.

Maria said...

Enjoyed reading your post Linda. It is such a busy time for you at school. Just love all your finishes and I am sure the recipents will love them too.
Have a nice weekend.

JudyCinNC said...

I figured you must have been busy with school, family and life in general. The gifts are beautiful and will certainly be enjoyed by the recipients. Moving from Colorado to North Carolina was because of the snow - we just had a "trace" of snow this week and little freezing rain. Good days for baking. I would rather have been sewing, but have to get ready for company. The fun starts this weekend. Judy C at www.shadetreequilting.com

Amy said...

Ooooo....LOVE the fabrics used in the tree skirt! It turned out beautifully.

Tracy said...

Very pretty things Linda!
I wondered if you got much snow!

JudyCinNC said...

Linda - you are so sneaky - received my wonderful Secret Santa gifts today and I love everything. It was such a wonderful surprise to receive from someone I feel I know. You certainly went above and beyond with the Priority Mail - Wow - and I am even a patient person since retiring. Thank you so much. Take some time for yourself and enjoy your time off. I know since husband retired last June from the school system, he enjoys every day very well. Happiest of Christmas to you and yours and may you be surrounded in the love of family and friends. www.Shadetreequilting.com