McCalls Quilting has a BOM quilt that I am going to make! There I made the commitment and I expect my blogging friends to hold me accountable. It is called "America The Beautiful." The magazine shows two color scheme suggestions. I am going to make it in the "Country colors" choice. I am sure I have enough fabric in my stash to complete it! We are expecting Grandchild #5 in March or earlier. DIL-2 has developed some complications. Her doctor told her last week that she may be going on bed rest and to expect the baby early. Since things may become difficult later this spring I need to finish both a grandbaby boy (John Deere Quilt) and baby girl blanket. If she goes on bed rest we have have Tatum with us. I would take her to daycare in the morning and pick her up after school.
So far, We only have one special wedding coming in 2011 that will need a Christmas Tree Skirt. I have selected from my Christmas Stash and purchased some John Deere Christmas fabric to make a skirt for Chris and Kari's wedding in September. It will be traditional on the top and could be reversed to be a John Deere tree skirt.
I was making my list of UFO's and thinking about finishing them when I really wanted to be starting something new. Last summer sometime I was chatting with a blogging friend about quilting as a way of relaxation. I had been feeling guilty because I wasn't accomplishing as much as others. Early this morning (2:16 a.m.) I was blog reading and read Kelly from Charming Chatter's blog. She is starting a new group called "MUF's Girls". It fits me--so I'm in with the other MUF girls. Some of my MFU's include:
1. BOM by Amy--I was doing great until school started when all my quilting came to an abrupt halt. I did finish Christmas gifts. Now I would like to pull out my blocks and finish the quilt.
2. Pokey Little Puppy needs to be sandwiched and quilted.
3. Confetti Girls quilt--needs to be sandwiched and quilted.
4. Half of the "on point" lap quilt is still hanging on the design wall upstairs.
5. Two "Quilts for Kids" that need the binding sewn on and mailed.
However I will not feel guilty about them! They are merely fermenting on the shelf!

5 comments:
Best of luck with your plans for the new year. The BOM looks fabulous. Good luck finding all you need in your stash.
Hope all goes well for you DIL and the baby keeps growing nicely.
Your new header Photo is just beautiful.
I like that Linda" Fermenting on the Shelf" LOL
I have many of them and have joined THREE UFO Challenges to try and get rid of some this year.
The BOM you have chosen to do is just gorgeous. Looking forward to seeeing do each block.
I am sure you will get both Baby Quilts done and in the post shortly.
Here's hoping and praying your DIL and baby are fine.
I love your new blog header...that quilt is wonderful! And the baby isn't too shabby either!LOL!
Thanks for the MUF link! That's what it should be all about!
What a cute picture of your grandson. He is so darling. That is such neat John Deere fabric. I have been think alot about UFOs and quilting too. I haven't made any committments to groups, but I hope to work on some older things and have the thrill of starting a new project too. Quilting should just be pure pleasure and not quilt--easier said than done. lol Love the BOM, especially in country colors. Have a great year quilting!
That quilt is awesome. Can't wait to see your progress. Your grandson is (almost) as cute as mine. LOL
Post a Comment