Sometimes Simple is Relaxing!

Sometimes it is easier to do something simple when I just need to take my mind off of everything else. Last weekend I had picked up a "Pieced Tree"pattern card. I saw a finished runner thinking it looked quick and easy. It IS!!
Last night I cut one--put it together and finished it all except sewing the binding handwork. Then I still had the energy to keep going, so I cut out the other one. Tonight I finished it. I still have the handsewing to finish on the binding.
It did the trick. I have regrouped and ready to face a new school day in the morning. My principal is still looking for options to find additional aide assistance in my classroom. I have one full time aide and need at least a half time additional aide time.
It is really helping that I have "good" kids. No major behavior problem at this time. In some ways it makes it more difficult because I want to be able to work with all of them and give them what each needs.
This posting came across my facebook tonight-- I thought I would share it with you: " Children with special needs do not have an illness. It's not contagious. They only want what we all want: to be accepted. It is Special Education Week, and this is in honor...for...all...children...who need a little extra help ♥... ♥ ♥."
That is why I do what I do. I advocate for my students and try to teach, guide, encourage, and help them to know they are important!!
8 comments:
Your runners look great...I'm glad you got some sewing time in so you could relax. I hope the duck feeling has subsided.
I think teachers are great and I'll keep you in my prayers. Have a great week.
Your runners are beautiful, Linda! The colors go so well together.
Your kids are definitely important! I think it's great that you're working with them.
Have a great week. :)
Oh It's looks like two lucky people will be getting a beautiful Xmas gift. Or are the runners for you Linda. Great colour combinations.
Linda you are such a caring person/teacher. We need many more folk like you.
Your table runners look beautiful. Sometimes we all need to see a nice tangible end product and enjoy the sense of satisfaction that it brings. It's hard to see the end result in the day to day toil of teaching, but I know that what we do makes a difference every day in the lives of our students.
I'm glad school is going well for you. And those runners are beautiful! Two nice finishes...a great feeling!
And sometimes simple is beautiful, too. Love your runners. God bless you, you are definitely making the world a better place. Your students are fortunate to have you.
Linda I LOVE that quote! I do feel those vibes from other teachers who should know better. And it makes me want to advocate for my students even more!!
Someone has to, right?
Have a great school week! I hope your schedule gets better.
SheilaC
Your table runners are pretty! Perfect for fall and coordinating with your blog header!
It sounds like you are blessed to be doing what God called you to do. Wonderful! Keep up the great work.
Post a Comment