With a huge thanks to neighbors for providing me with the tomatoes and green peppers. My mom and I canned 48 pints and 4 quarts of pasta sauce. My mom stayed long enough to help blanch the tomatoes and put them through the blender. That was enough for a day for her. After boiling the puree, adding the paste, oil, and spices and boiling again. I filled the jars.
I think I have enough tomatoes for one more batch tomorrow afternoon. When the "boys" were still home I would can 100 quarts each year. I would add different ingredients to use it for sloppy joes, spaghetti sauce, hot dishes, and more.
Next Saturday will be applesauce day!
Tonight I plan to work on another table runner for a Christmas/ Birthday gift ,

7 comments:
Looks yummy and I'll bet it is delicious. I have never done any canning, maybe I'll try something, too.
Hello Linda. Oh your Pasta Sauce looks delicious.
You are such a busy lady.
Nice new header photo.
Enjoy your sewing.
Wow, that looks so yummy. You will have plenty of spaghetti sauce to get you through the winter. It must be satisfying to know that you have enough canned goods to supply your family. The house must smell delicious.
Love that photo of your canning! Great job!
wOw! That is a lot of tomatoes! :)
They will sure be yummy this winter.
SheilaC
Ummm, I can almost smell it...you have been busy. Great job. Would you share the recipe for your sauce? I want to can some tomatoes next summer and this sounds yummy.
Have a great week!
Your tomato jars look gorgeous! I had to click just to get a better view. LOL. No canning this summer for me. But I KNOW how much time and work this takes. The results are yummy!
Post a Comment