
I really did it! After a LONG day at school today I went home-changed into my clothes for Curves and drove 6 miles to workout!!!! I knew I had to start and couldn't not go just because I forgot to take my clothes with me this morning!!! (Oh--by no stretch is this me!! Only in my dreams!!!!-)
Joining Curves was one of my Charming Girls Club July/ August Self-Care goals. I am continuing that goal. I need to exercise to lose weight, become healthier, and feel better about myself.Tomorrow morning I am going to meet with my Sp.Ed. director and hopefully with my principal to explain my caseload, daily schedule and the need for an additional 1/2 time para in my classroom. It isn't fair to the students or to myself and my current para. I usually just tell them that I will "make it work". This year I am letting them know immediately the situation. I told a few of the gen. ed teachers this afternoon that if I am not able to have additional help I will need to reconvene all 17 IEP meetings to reduce the number of minutes the students will be pullout out. The teachers don't like that idea because then the students will be in the gen. ed classrooms. WOW!! I am actually planning to be assertive!!!
Now to relax I am going to go find some fabric that I will cut to make a table topper for a friend's birthday later this month!

7 comments:
Good for you, Linda! I was wondering how your day went. I'm proud of you that you stuck to the Curves, when you forgot your clothes. That was a hard thing to do, so much easier to just stay home after a long day. I hope tomorrow goes well and you get the extra help you and the students need. Take care!
Hope things go well tomorrow! Awesome about sticking with your goals. I need to get going and lose some weight too, but am all talk so far!
You do deserve a pat on the back for staying at Curves . Also for sticking to you guns re work.
there is only so much one person can do.
Enjoy making your topper.
Very inspirational, the Curves and the work dilemma! I hope you get the help you need!
Well, it is about "freakin" time you got assertive! I love it!!! I need to get through the Sept. 18 weekend and I think I might just look at Curves again. Good plan Sis....now if we were just closer. Love you, Peg
I have heard good things about Curves, let me know how you like it!
I would have to go right from work, if I went home to change I would change into my PJs instead :)
Great job meeting your goals!
SheilaC
Add another pat on the back to you from me. I need to do something badly, congratulations on your big step.
Post a Comment