Sunday, November 22, 2009

I finally finished something!

My projects are extremely small compared to quilt tops that most of you are doing--However, I am pleased to keep plugging along!

I have finished the Christmas Table runner that I started in a Community Ed. class the first of November. Due to combining, feeding the guys in the field and helping to move equipment from one field to another I missed the second week. I had wanted to learn new methods of quilting the finished product. Each class I take--I learn more and find out there is so much more I need learn.

We celebrated Granddaughter Kasey's second birthday Saturday evening. In attendance were 3 great grandma's and 1 great grandpa in addition to the grandmas, papas, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

I was disappointed that I hadn't been able to finish Kasey's Fuzzy Flowers in time for her birthday. I was short fabric to finish the sashing strips so I had do some ripping and changing of the plan.
I am changing from having strips with setting posts around the outside to have a smaller border and a larger border. I started clipping some of the flowers this afternoon. That is going to take time.

I had allowed a sales clerk talk me into greens instead of blues when I purchased the fabric. After sewing the green on to the yellow squares I wasn't happy with it. So I took 16 squares apart and replaced them with the blues I found at Busy Bobbin. I really like it now!

We are heading down to our son, Chad's home tonight to cut up the two bucks that he and DH shot yesterday and today. I would rather stay here and work on Kasey's Fuzzy Flowers!

Take Care!

Linda

1 comment:

WhiteStone said...

The narrow border plus a wider border always looks nice. Sometimes I even add a third in which case the third is very small, perhaps an inch, and picks up one of the colors in the quilt. The second border is larger, usually 2 inches and the third border is 3 or more. Your quilt top looks lovely!