Monday, March 25, 2019

Just call me the Bionic /Transformer Granny

Hello Friends!

Spring if finally beginning to arrive in Northern Wisconsin.

Deer season in Wisconsin is an just about a holiday!  This year two grandsons were in the deer stands with their dads  when Papa (DH) shot his buck.   Once the calls were made both boys came running through the woods to see it!  They were as excited as Papa!  After his major heart surgery in 2017 and knee replacement this past fall, we were all thrilled for him.




In December I finally had my quilting mojo return!

First:
Christmas gifts: Three of the five aprons I sewed for granddaughter, great-niece, and friends.



Pieced two Christmas tree skirts:


























I finished a shower gift for a former neighbor and his wife.  They are a rodeo family.  I had been saving fabric for this baby. 










 On January 13 I fell on the ice in our yard.  Thankfully, I had my cell phone to call  DH in the house.  To shorten the story: 911 call to send an ambulance while I laid on the ice waiting,  x-ray showed a broken femur, surgery the following morning for reconstruction and repair.  Just call me the Bionic-transformer Granny!

The rod goes down 3/4 the way to my knee with a pin to hold it in place.  The bolt goes into the hip.


After eight weeks with a walker, I am finally using a cane. Woohoo.






I had one more Christmas tree skirt cut out.  I managed to sit at my sewing machine a little each day after the first four weeks to sew it together.




Hopefully soon I will be able to sandwich and quilt the skirts for wedding gifts later this spring!

Enjoy your spring!
God Bless,
Linda

5 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

OMGoodness! I'm glad you are getting better and hopefully all of your ice will be gone soon. I love those aprons and that darling rodeo baby quilt. Do take care! ~Jeanne

betty said...

Wow, that was quite a fall! Good thing indeed that your cell phone was with you! Hoping your spring will be gentler to your body!

betty

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Oh, my!!! I am glad you are on the mend!! Don't push yourself too hard! That ice was wicked...

Linda in Arkansas said...

I cannot believe that x-ray! It hurts me just to look at it. So glad you are on the mend. You did an awesome job getting the tree skirt finished. (They are all beautiful.)

Maria said...

Ouch! that's a nasty brake, pleased they were able to pin it and you are now on the mend.
Cute aprons and as always you've made some lovely tree skirts. Enjoy finishing them.
The fabric for the Rodeo baby's quilt is perfect. Bet the parents loved it