Saturday, July 28, 2018

My Two Year Journey

Two years ago, immediately after I retired from teaching,  I began a journey.    A journey which needs to be a life long journey.  Actually, I almost made it in one year.  However, when my husband required the extensive heart surgery and the following complications last fall my weight loss journey took a backseat.  The good news was I didn't regain the weight I had lost.  The bad news..it took a year to lose the last few pounds.

June 2016

July 2018

June 2016
May 2018
I've reached my goal.




With each pound I moved a marble from one jar to the other.


I claimed the verse: Philippines 4:13..I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

The book, "Made To Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst and "Praying God's Word.Breaking Free From Spiritual Strongholds" by Beth Moore specifically the chapter, "Overcoming Food Related Strongholds." guided me through my journey.  Each describes an equilateral triangle.  Spiritually--your relationship with Christ.  Keeping this relationship on the top.  Physically--eating and exercise.  Mentally-emotions.  If you want a longer explanation, I would love to share my journey with you. 

Now...to learn to maintain and sustain for life.  A quote from one of the  books.."Hitting your goal weight is a blessing entangled with  a curse."

Prayers,
Linda





10 comments:

Maria said...

Congratulations Linda on achieving your goal... You look fantastic !!
Hope Hubby is well now too .

betty said...

You look great! That's a great idea with the marbles. It helps show the progress made! Congrats on reaching this very important milestone!

betty

Ray and Jeanne said...

Congratulations! Losing weight and keeping it off really take an effort. Love the idea of the marbles in the jars. ~Jeanne

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am sure you feel great, too!!

Needled Mom said...

Wow....Congratulations. You look great.

Wendy said...

Super congratulations to you! While you look amazing, I pray that you feel even better! Yay you!! :)

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Losing weight is so difficult. Congratulations! You look wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

That's my sister from another Mother!! Woot! Woot! You are my inspiration to keep going on my journey. Congratulations to you!

Linda in Arkansas said...

Congrats on your weight lost. That is a major accomplishment. I like the marble idea.

Drew N said...

I admire how dedicated you are to maintaining this healthy lifestyle.