We have had beautiful fall weather. Last weekend three of the grandkids spent a day with us. It was a perfect day to work outside.
Outside With Grandkids Therapy
Colby and I cut corn stalks to make corn shocks to decorate the yard.
Meanwhile Kasey and Cole took my cameras across to the pond.

Cardiac Rehab Therapy
This
morning DH began his rehab. It was challenging. When picking him up
he said, "I knew I was worthless, but this is worse than I thought." He
pointed to a rack of hand weights. He asked which ones I thought he
used. Then smiled and said, "The little pink ones at the top." It is a
beginning. The rest of the day was spent in bed. Monday we head back
to rehab.
While he was in rehab, I
went to join the Health & Wellness Center sponsored by the
hospital. A perfect opportunity for me to use equipment when waiting
for DH.
A Friday Night Sew In Therapy:
Finally, I was able to concentrate enough to search out fabric from my stash to work on a quilt for a baby shower this Sunday. It is a familiar pattern so I knew what I needed. It felt so good to sit at the machine and sew. Tonight I finished the free motion quilting and the binding.
Linda





5 comments:
Therapy indeed comes in many forms. Before long, I'm sure hubby will improve strength and endurance; he's been through a lot, will take time to gain make strength, etc. Beautiful quilt!
betty
That perfect fall weather is good therapy for both of you. Praying your DH advances quickly with his therapy. Take care of yourself - I think sewing is the best therapy for that! ~Jeanne
Slowly, but surely, his strength will come back!! Your farm looks so pretty!
Baby steps for hubby and soon he'll be stronger..He's been through a lot.
Nice to have the grandies visit and help decorate for Halloween 👻
Bet it was really lovely to sit and sew. A pretty baby quilt..
Wow, Linda, I was going back and reading about your husband's recent surgery and complications. I'd say the pink ones are good enough right now!!!
Love your fall décor. The old silo looks so pretty in there.
Post a Comment