Sunday, September 24, 2017

Home Again..

We arrived home yesterday afternoon.    As I drove to the driveway I noticed the swans had returned this week while we were gone.  It was so peaceful to see them gliding across the pond.

On early Tuesday morning, DH was taken into surgery again to have the fluid removed from his chest cavity.  A four inch incision was made between two ribs to insert a scope into the cavity. The surgeon removed 2200 cc ( 2.2 liters or 9.2 cups) of fluid / blood / gunk.  Two chest drainage tubes were inserted between the next set of ribs.  The tubes were removed on Friday.      Hopefully he will be on the long road to recovery.  

Thank you my friends for your prayers.  It is only through prayers we have made it this far. 

I started a Friendship flower garden last year with plants I received from friends at retirement.    I purchased more plants with money I received from the staff at school.

I was excited to see the mums were still blooming when we arrived home.



Hopefully this week I will be able to finish Caleb's baby quilt!!  

Love and Prayers, 

Linda

4 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

So glad you are home. I hope the swans are a sign that things will now settle down. Your flowers are gorgeous. You and DH are still in my prayers. ~Jeanne

betty said...

Such a pretty garden! Glad you both are home; let's pray for a speedy recovery from this point forward.

betty

Maria said...

Always lovely to be home. Hubby will recover quicker with you and family around...
Love,y to see the swans on your pond...
What a great idea to have your friendship garden. So many pretty blooms.
Take time for you as you care for hubby. Hugs 🤗 😘

Linda in Arkansas said...

You live in such a beautiful place. There's nothing like home, and that will certainly help your hubby.