During the four days when DH was unconscious and on the respirator he did not look like himself. Several IV's, four drainage tubes, respirator, monitors and computers were filling the ICU where DH was being cared for by the amazing staff. Every twelve hours the staff would change. The second day I started showing the nurse on duty this photo of DH and Tatum (Herbal Essence.) It had been taken the day before surgery.
I wanted them to know the man and papa they were caring for so intensely. I also told each one I was praying for them as they cared for him. I left them in the unit to do their job. I told them I would be in the ICU lounge if they needed me. I would stop in briefly every 15 to 30 minutes just to check.
Tuesday DH will be back in surgery at Allina Abbott Northwestern Heart Hospital. He will have a Plueathoracoscopy with decortication. His chest cavity has fluid / blood building up which is causing him to be extremely short of breath and difficulty trying to breathe. The doctor said this is nothing compared to what he has already been through. A 3-4 inch incision will be made between ribs. A scope will be placed into the cavity to remove fluid. Then a chest tube will be placed to continue to drain for a few days. I asked how long he will be hospitalized. She said perhaps 4-6 days.
I am writing this to request your prayers for the medical team, DH (who is becoming very frustrated), and for me as once again I am away from home and trying to keep DH encouraged.
Love and Prayers,
Linda

5 comments:
Sending prayers for everyone. Please hang tight - I'm sure many are praying for you, DH, your family, and all taking care of him. I'm also sending good vibes and hugs. ~Jeanne
Sending lots of hugs and prayers .. keep strong ....๐ค๐๐ค๐๐ค๐
Prayers for all of you!
betty
prayers coming for you'll
Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel - Mapyro
Get directions, reviews and information ํ์ฑ ์ถ์ฅ๋ง์ฌ์ง for Harrah's Cherokee ์์ฃผ ์ถ์ฅ์ต Casino ์ง์ฃผ ์ถ์ฅ์๋ง & Hotel in Cherokee, NC. 1. 1. 777 Harrahs Cherokee Blvd, Cherokee, ์ต์ฐ ์ถ์ฅ๋ง์ฌ์ง NC 28719. (800) 946-7247. (800) 946-7247. ์์ ์ถ์ฅ์ต
Post a Comment