Yes, I am still here. This thing called "Retirement," is an interesting challenge.
This will be a quick pictorial post of life the past few months!!
Retirement began on June 9. It was an extremely emotional time and wondering if we made the correct decision.
June:
*Annual family reunion. My mom was able to attend this year. At 90 years old, she was the oldest family member in attendance and my granddaughter, Tara, at 6 weeks old was the youngest!

* A new experience...friends of ours raise strawberries and sell them in several area communities. They were short a seller a few days...So I spent several days selling strawberries in a tourist city about 35 miles from home. I met many interesting people. A very delicious job!! Of course, I received lots of teasing about my new job!
July:
We went on our second vacation in 42 years of marriage. We started by attending a wedding on Sunday in Duluth, MN overlooking beautiful Lake Superior.
From there we traveled to Iowa to visit friends and family. On to Missouri to stop at the Missouri Star Quilt Company. Traveled east near Jefferson City, MO where we reconnected with friends we hadn't spent time with in 35 years. Of course, we stopped at every John Deere dealership we could find!
Near Eugene, Mo with Herb as my copilot holding the map we were on BACK backroads. Speed limit 60 mph, no shoulders, narrow when suddenly this sign would appear!! At one point Herb commented, "Do you realize you just went down hill, made a curve, and uphill all in the same motion!." I think I could be a race car driver in my next career.
. Moving on to Indiana to attend the wedding of the son of friends. Returning home after seven days! We still have to learn on to relax and take our time.
August:
My friends headed back to school. It was strange. I really miss my school family of teachers and other staff.
September:
I headed to Minnesota to meet my college roommate, forever friend, and sister in every way except biological to attend the Junk Bonanza. A great couple of days connecting and seeing lots of valuable junk.
October:
I spent my days and hours as a go-for and "Mom could you please.....?" Taking lunches and suppers to the fields, following equipment from one area to another, transporting guys from one field to another, running for parts and any other thing needed.
To Be Continued!!









7 comments:
Seems like you have been busy since you retired :) Looks like a lot of fun too!
betty
You've been busy! Hope you are enjoying your retirement too. I've been retired from teaching for almost 12 years and I still love snow days. Those are the days our plans all get cancelled and I get to sew all day. :) ~Jeanne
I always say that retirement is a new job with less structure. Yours sounds like it has been exciting.
Such a life changing event to retire. I do hope you are adjusting well and happy. I almost cried when I saw the picture of your mother and baby. So adorably cute. Priceless.
You are certainly keeping busy!! Did you love Missouri Star? The back roads are our favorites to drive. =) Good to see you again!
I was sew pleased to find your post..sew nice to see what you've been up to since retiring...
Such a beautiful photo of Mum and the wee babe.
How nice for hubby and you to have a holiday. WOW great to be able to visit Missouri Star Stuido...
It's sounds like you are being keep busy but I do hope you settle in to retirement...
I'm sorry to know you questioned whether retirement was a good decision. I love being retired, and can't imagine living any other way. It's so fulfilling to do what one wants, to spend time quilting, exercising, and trying new things that couldn't be done before because of a job. Happy to see you doing a little bit of traveling, and best of all, getting to spend time with friend and family. Enjoy!
Post a Comment