I have not completed nearly the amount of quilting I thought I would do in the past year..These are a few of my projects.
A baby quilt for a tiny baby who was delivered very early because her mom's life was in danger. What do you make for a tiny baby...a small quilt with "Guess How Much I Love you Fabric."
Christmas was coming. I was short one gift. Kylie, 3 years old, loves her baby dolls. I quickly made her a diaper bag and filled it with things for her babies.

After sewing it together, she did all the sewing herself, she saw one square was turned. She thought before she decided to leave it. Her comment, "If it was for someone else I would change. "

Snow pants in Wisconsin take a real hit with active kids. When one knee had a hole it was Grandma to the rescue. Since the second knee was getting warn I sewed matching patches. She loved them. The only kindergartener with purple polka dots on her snow pants.

Grandchildren of friends take a high priority on my quilting list. Since I had made one for her older sister and brother, Genevieve needed one also.
Our assistant pastor and his wife are raising their grandson. Due to a difficult situation the quilt I made for him a year ago was lost. His Grandma asked if I would make him a tractor blanket large enough to be a naptime blanket.
A friend asked if I didn't get tired of making John Deere quilts. I said not when I know that a tractor quilt will be loved! With that in mind I made another John Deere quilt for the new baby of a neighbor who grew up with our sons. Another case where his older sister and brother each received quilts. I couldn't just give the baby a gift. Big sister received a sleeping bag for her Teddy and Big brother a John Deere pillowcase and tote bag.
Two die hard Packer fans are expecting their first baby. I wanted to make them a quilt that would be used!! Not hung on a wall or put on a shelf because they think it is too nice to use. I wrote a note to take it on a picnic, put it on the floor! The Father-to-Be isn't sure if the baby will have a chance to use it. Right now I am working on a Christmas Tree Skirt for a bridal shower on Sunday...I will share when it is finished...
One of the most successful changes in retirement has been ME! I had to make some changes for my health and to be the person I wanted and needed to be! Nothing drastic, Healthy eating with limiting portions, walking and exercising. I am down 5 sizes.
| ||||||||||||||||
| June 6, 2016 |
![]() |
| April 14, 2017 |
Linda





4 comments:
You look great!! All fantastic quilting/sewing projects too!
betty
Look at you! You look fantastic! Your projects are wonderful. You made many people very happy. 😊
WOW you look great ! You have been very busy making many lovely projects for family and friends...
Wow, Linda, you look fantastic. I'll bet it feels amazing too.
You have been busy with all of your sewing and quilting. I'm sure everyone was thrilled with their personalized gifts.
Post a Comment