Sunday, December 27, 2015

Memories Made

Merry Christmas  My Friends,

In an attempt to not become overwhelmed this Christmas season I attempted to focus only on what was the most important and try to let other things go.  No cards, not as much decorating, and no baking.  Also, no sewing!!

One of the important things was to attend the Christmas programs for our grandchildren.   They started on December 6 with the church program for Conner, Tatum and Jessa.  Tatum was in a candle light angel dance with the "big" girls...beautiful (even if I am grandma.)


Jessa is our drama queen.  She loves being in front of the microphone. 




Kasey, in the black sweater, and Cole, in the plaid shirt with his hand in his pocket, were part of the bell choir at our church.  Kasey is very intense to do it all correctly.  
 Our Elementary and Primary schools still have Christmas Programs.  Each grade sings two or three songs.  The gym is packed with parents, grandparents, and siblings.  A true small town community.

 Since Kasey is a 2nd grader it is her last program in the primary school.

 Tatum, a first grader, in the blue dress helped direct the students in one song.
Cole in the plaid shirt in the back.




Chad and Katie live in a small unincorporated village.  Across the street from their home is an old extremely small Lutheran church.   A gal from the church as a Wednesday school on Wednesday afternoon.  She always invites Conner, Tatum, and Jessa to participate.  She puts together the "old fashioned" Christmas program with memorized pieces, songs, and a pageant.  Nine children participated.  If you notice on the way the is a sign to report there were 24 people in church that morning with an offering of $445.00.


As we have done for many years, we spent Christmas Eve at my mom's.  I attempted to talk her out of it.  She is living in a small duplex.  She will be 90 year old in April and I can tell she is failing.  She told me she hates to give it up.  So my DIL's and myself brought the food.  We don't do gifts that night, only time together. 

At Great Grandma's house are the same toys left from their great uncles and their daddy's played.  Great Grandma's carmel corn is always a hit.



And then,  I  wonder why we can't have a good picture.. It is hard enough to have seven grandkids all look at the camera.  It doesn't help when Papa is goofing off also.
I didn't have a chance for pictures on Christmas Day.  We had 9 adults and the seven grandkids here for Christmas Morning Brunch. In our small home it is more than crowded.   Our family now includes our nephew and his fiancee who moved to Wisconsin a year ago.  They are with us for all holidays and fit so well with our crew.

Until next time, 
God Bless my friends!
Linda



2 comments:

betty said...

How cute with the picture of you and your grandchildren :) So many blessings there! I think you did great with not being overwhelmed and overcommitted but just enjoyed the season; watching children perform is always a great way to do so!

betty

Maria said...

Oh what a wonderful Christmas. Going to watch your grandchildren is a joy.. I also love it when we go to see ours.
I love the family photo with Pa and the kids goofing off.