Saturday, October 10, 2015

Hello Friends!

Hello  Blogging Friends,

It has been a long time since I have updated my blog.  I am still here.  It has been a challenging beginning to the school year.  However, this is Saturday and I don't have to think school!

This afternoon is a beautiful fall day in NW Wisconsin. This morning when I looked out my kitchen window I saw the swans had returned.
Colby, who will be three in another month, has had to spend the past two weeks with his Dad or with Papa.  He has loved everyone moment of it.  Many hours in the combine, tractors, or in the truck running for parts with Papa.
If you look closely you will see Colby next to Todd in the combine.

Yesterday when he was with Papa, Daddy and Uncle Pete there was a deer close on the edge of the woods.  Colby walked within 20 feet of the deer before it ran off.  If you look carefully you will see the deer on the edge of the woods.
The only sewing I have accomplished was to finish the Christmas tree skirt for a teacher at school.  We have a long history together.  I had her daughter in kindergarten in 1980.  We began teaching full time together in 1997.   We have a special bond in experiencing the death of a child.  Her grandson died of a brain aneurysm at the age of 10.

On this beautiful fall afternoon, I attempted to put together a fall arrangement in our yard.  I went out to the barn for the straw bales, to the cornfield for the corn stalks, and a stop at the local green house for mums on closeout.  Our neighbors raise pumpkins .  They stopped to drop off the fantastic pumpkins to finish the look.
Thirty four years ago our oldest son, at the precious age of four, was killed in a farm accident on our farm. As I have shared before, it is something you never got over, however you do learn to live with the grief.  It is hidden away in a special spot in your heart.  On the anniversary of the accident, the grief tightly hidden begins to surface again.  I am so very thankful and blessed to have friends who pray me through the day.   When the day is over, the grief returns to the secret spot in my heart that only I know is there.

However, my birthday was the day following the funeral service.  My DH has never been able to celebrate my birthday since that time.  I am so very thankful I have friends who have been faithful and make me feel loved and special on my day.  Also, since I have Daughters-in-love who now make sure there is something special for me.  I am so very blessed.

Kylie loved her baby carrier.  Now I have requests for three more!






The best place to be when you are tired is on your papa's lap.



God Bless you my friends,


2 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I do remember you sharing about the loss in f your child and how it lands around this time. My heart goes out to you. At this very moment, my husband and I just arrived to spend the night in WI. We love it here so much!

Maria said...

Sew nice to see you pop up and see the lovely photos of the farm and your beautiful Grandies and their Papa.
You will be kept busy making three more candles and wee quilts for the girls.
A fabulous Halloween display and sew nice to see the swans out of your window again.
What a lovely tree skirt you have made for your special friend.
Papa's lap looks very comforting........

It always brings a tear to my eye when I read of the loss of your young son...sending lots of hugs..
Delighted you have wonderful DIL's and friends to help celebrate your birthday.