
So on our day..We mixed and baked cookies. She did all the cutting and decorating while I did the rolling out and frosting.
Then we headed to the woods on the Gator to see how Papa and Tatum's daddy were doing with the new deer hunting tree stand. Chad built it in his shop this week and hauled it up this morning.
DH and Chad set the poles last weekend. Today they placed the new stand on the poles. It is large enough for Papa and a couple of grandkids.
The new stand is replacing an one that has definitely exceeded its safe time of use. It is good I had never taken a look at it until this summer!
Yep, the ladder was made of two wooden poles with boards nailed on for the steps. Last year a 2 x 4 was nailed how to attempt to give it stability.
After returning to the house. Tatum and I decided to go for a walk to take a closer look at a muskrat house.
The end to a perfect day....
I am blessed.




3 comments:
It looked like a lot of fun and I'm sure the cookies tasted delicious!
betty
Thank you for sharing the perfect Tatum and Grandma day with us...
The cookies look delicious and the new deer hide out is sew much better and safer then the old one.
It looks and sounds like a perfect day for both of you.
Yikes......I would say that the old look out is a bit daring. I'm sure all feel safer with the new one.
Post a Comment