Friday, July 3, 2015

June in Pictures!

WOW!     Summer is going fast...

School was out for students on June 5.  I have had four days of meetings since..


I spent a day at the Minnesota Quilt Show!  WOW! It was held at the DECC (Duluth Entertainment Conference Center.)

  I learned:
1. It takes more than one day to see everything.
2. Wear comfortable shoes.
3. Quilters are the nicest people you will ever meet. (Which I knew already!  )
4. We talked with the actual designers of the patterns and fabric. WOW!


  I have three of our grandkids on Monday (Kasey, Cole & Colby)  on Mondays and the other four on Fridays.  It saves  each  family one day of paying daycare a week.  Papa had a good helper when working on replacing a bearing on the hay rake.


Our 41st anniversary was on June 15th.  DH stopped the tractor along the edge of a field to bring home a bouquet of wildflowers.  

Father's Day everyone was here for Sunday lunch after church.     Then everyone headed for a ride on the trails in our woods.  DH with Jessa and Tatum buckled into the Polaris Ranger.  Conner, Kasey and Cole on youth ATV's complete with helmets.  Kylie on an ATV with her dad.  Marie, Katie, Colby and myself in the JD Gator.



It was a beautiful day.




After the ride in the woods the kids all climbed on the ATVs for a picture.  Even when sitting on an ATV Jessa is a princess wearing her tiara.
Two weeks ago DS #1 found a kitten in the haymow.  It was extremely weak (couldn't stand or hold it head up) and cold.  When DH came home he warmed it by holding it close to him.  He had to feed it with a medicine dropper a few drops at a dime.  The first couple of days it ate every two hours a few drops at a time. After a few days it was strong enough the the kids to take turns holding it.  It now drinks from a bowl and eats kitty food. Soon we will have to find a home for him.  DIL-2 is highly allergic to cats!

Finally!  I was able to quilt! In April I showed Cole the quilt I was making for him. He was excited even if it was only sandwiched.  On Monday he asked when I was going to work on his blanket.
When I five year old asks....
 I worked Monday night and Tuesday afternoon.  It was delivered to him before he went to bed on Tuesday night.
It passed the snuggle test!
I think he likes it.

Now on to finish two baby quilts and three Christmas tree skirts.

Happy A GREAT Fourth of July!!






3 comments:

betty said...

I think you and yours had a wonderful June!

betty

Maria said...

Hello Linda.
Loved reading your post and catching up. Your Grandies are all growing sew fast.
Cute photo of the wee ones with the kitten and I think the quilt is very well loved...

scraphappy said...

What a busy month you have had. Summer vacation just flies by. Looks like the quilt will be much loved.