Sunday, November 16, 2014

Returned for a label.

In May I sewed a Christmas Tree Skirt to give  a special young couple for a Wedding gift.  Last week she returned it for a label.  I don't often label my quilts.  I don't like putting my name on things.  I know I made them and the people I give them to know I made them.   I have started becoming more selective who I give quilts.  This afternoon I finished the label and have it ready for their tree.
                  


Today Grandson #2 rode their little snowmobile over to show us.  He stopped in the house long enough for me to go outside to watch him.  All of our snow has stayed with an additional couple of inches.


Friday night I am going back to meet with the mom and dad again whose son was killed a few weeks ago.  It was more difficult than I expected.  I have done this many times.  However, this time it was very parallel  to the tractor accident which killed our son.  Another little boy who loved farming with his daddy.  Many of the questions they asked brought back many memories that had been buried deep in the mind.  I spent two hours  there last time.  This time  Herb is going with me.  The dad asked if he would come also.   I am so very thankful that I am able to use our experience to help other people through a very difficult time in their lives.    I share with them that we are part of a very exclusive club and we want no new numbers. However, when a tragedy occurs we stand beside each other. We understand as no one else.




2 comments:

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria said...

A gorgeous tree skirt you made for this couple. Like you I rarely label my things but this couple wanted following generations to know who made this beautiful gift for them.

How special you GS2 can come and visit you on his own snow scooter...

You are both a loving , caring couple to be able to help the parents in their time of grief. Thinking of you, Hugs Maria