Monday we had the second snowstorm of the season. We received about 8 inches of heavy wet snow. Thankful that school was already closed for the week due to deer hunting season. I am sure it sounds strange to many that school is closed. There are so many students who request advanced makeup and who just stay home to hunt the days in the high school are "wasted" days. So this year school is closed.
This year my mom, our boys and their families, and our nephew with his significant other will be joining us for Thanksgiving dinner. It definitely fills our small home. I am working at cleaning house today and plan to bake pies on Wednesday.
I am going to try to sneak in some sewing time Thursday night and Friday. I am NOT a Black Friday shopper!!!
I received word this morning that a very good college friend lost his battle with cancer yesterday. Gary was the type of friend who would and did anything he could for you. Many memories are flooding in today. Thinking of when he gave me a ride from college to visit my grandmother in the hospital. How he would show up at the apartment at meal time with a knock at the door. Bev and I even kept his pet piranha during his student teaching. He and his wife have visited in our home.
So--cherish your friends. Let them know they are important to you.
.png)
1 comment:
While you are having snowstorms we are experiencing thunderstorms and strong winds which have caused fires (thankfully they are under control) and power outages for for 24hrs..
Post a Comment