This past week we had another snowstorm. This is a picture of recess on Tuesday. We did decide we would rather have 3-4 inches of slushy snow than tornadoes!
The elementary secretary at school is retiring. She is a very good friend. However, our friendship is based at school and I know it will not be near as close once she is no longer at school. She is a major Wisconsin Badger fan. I am making her a lap quilt from Badger fabric. The fabric on the right is the backing. I have a few more strips to sew and the borders.
A Special Ed. teacher, who is a close coworker and friend, is moving to western Minnesota in June. I have taught with her for 14 years. I know she has received awesome quilts from another friend, so I am making a Christmas Tree Skirt to give to her.
The son of a close friend is getting married in June. The shower is in two weeks. I am working on a Christmas Tree skirt for them also. I have started the strips for the skirt.
Perhaps, I am just feeling the overload of the end of the school year. Several IEPs to complete and parent meetings in the next five weeks. It will definitely be a marathon day and night.
My quilting is my way of letting everything go on my mind. Maybe I just need to listen to "Let it Go" from Frozen!
The kids love this movie!
When all is said, this is the best part of life. The girls have been here the last two Friday nights while their mom had hair appointment clients. They are all Papa's girls!
.png)
2 comments:
It is sad when friends move on.. Do wish your co worker all the best with her treatment...
I am sure they will treasure the quilting gifts you are making for them and have many fond memories of your time together at work...
What a gorgeous photo of Papa and his special girls...
Sorry that you are still dealing with snow for the school year, bummer. Believe me, I'm totally in that overwhelmed place with school, too. I'm trying to be the little duck in the water, calm above surface, and paddling like crazy underneath! God is good, time passes, and we will make it across the finish line ~
:-}pokey
Post a Comment