Monday, March 17, 2014

National Quilting Day!

Finally after several weeks away from my sewing machine I was able to spend a few hours quilting!

My first project was to finish a very belated graduation gift.  Last spring I gave her a gift bag with three of the blocks.  I took it back to sew all the blocks together and quilt it.  I delivered it yesterday.  She loved it!

  I had previously started each of these baby quilts.  I sewed on the boarders of the Lil' Cowboys quilt.
The Pinwheels and Prairie Points quilt needed the prairie points sewn and the the borders needed to added.
Kasey stayed with us for  a week while her parents were on vacation.  Her blankie is six years old.   Several years ago we started sewing patches on it as it would wear out.  I didn't realize it was going to be around this long.   The blankie had developed holes in the patches.  She decided I should cover all the patches.  I took this picture before we covered them up.  She picked out all the patches from my stash as we sewed them on.


It felt SO good to sew again!













2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Linda---what a super heavenly post! It most certainly does feel good to get back to some quilty goodness :)
Wonderful finishes and projects in the making.

Pokey said...

I am so happy for your sewing day, so much loveliness makes you happy ~
:-}pokey