Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Time with Friends and Continued Success!


First things first!  Even with traveling for parts of three days this weekend...I lost 2.2 lbs!
Myself, Peg & Jane
We drove to Sturgeon Bay in Door County WI to celebrate my friend (forever friend & claimed sister) Peg's 40th Wedding anniversary.  Peg & Bob have built a beautiful home on the bay of Green Bay.    We were college roommates, attendants in each other's weddings, and have remained close.  Another college friend and wedding attendant for both of our weddings was also able to attend.


Last week we had three grandkids on Thursday and the other three on Friday.   DIL-2 was due last Saturday.  She hasn't been feeling well so I have had the grandkids several days the couple of weeks.
Last night GD-2 spent the night.
Papa snapped a picture of his sleeping beauty.

Not much in the line of quilting has taken place this week.  I found out that I need to make two more baby quilts for this winter!  Also need to machine quilt the belated graduation quilt and baby quilt for a September baby.

Next week I am officially back to school.

I am totally committed to reading Ann Voskamp's book & devotional.   I also follow her on facebook.  Today this was her post.  It was just what I needed.





3 comments:

Maria said...

Congratulations Linda. You are doing really well.
How nice to be able to visit your bestie and also catch up with your other friend.
Your GD does look so sweet sleeping under her quilt.
Hope the new babe is here soon.
My you will be keep busy making those quilts..
What a lovely saying...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! You Rock!! Nice picture of the three of us. Love, Peg

Carrie P. said...

To lose weight while away from home is awesome. Well done.
Your granddaughter is so sweet.
Sounds like you have a lot of quilting to do!
Thanks for that quote. It is a good one for me too.