Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Busy Week with Great Results!

Last week I had three of my grandkids during the day as their daycare provider was on vacation.  It was a great week..
GS#3 is growing like crazy-At 8 months he is army crawling everywhere and pulling himself up.

  GS#2 is definitely all boy and  would rather be outside than anywhere else. 
 GD#1 is all girl, all farmer, and definitely  papa's Button.

I did manage at night to finish a flimsy.  I have had the blocks finished for about 2 years or more.  They were a BOM from Amy of Amy's Passions. I had the sashing finished and didn't like it. So I ripped it apart and started again with the marbled sashing strips and like it much better!

Now to pin and quilt.  It may be a challenge on my machine. 

I also finished the crib size quilt for the new baby. She should be arriving any day. This is an easy pattern.  I always like the way it turns out.
Success for another week...This past week, even with everything that was going on...
I lost 1.6 lbs.  
WooHoo!
 
Note to friends--Please have things decided what each child is to receive upon your death.   It will eliminate many hard feelings, frustrations, and difficult times between siblings.  

2 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

How lovely to get to watch grandies... and then return them after too long of a visit! I'll be doing the same in late August/early September. Happy for you to be steadily losing weight. I am down and maintaining, and that's nearly as difficult! I appreciate your advice... though having two children, a son and daughter, I don't think there will be much divisiveness. No one wants my quilts, anyway!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Looks like a fun time with the grands! Lucky you!!