Saturday, February 2, 2013

Procrastination

Hello Friends!

I am sitting at the computer doing farm bookwork and trying to prepare for taxes.  Agriculture/Farm income taxes are due the end of February.  I have been working since 7:30 and needed a break.

I haven't been able to spend much time quilting yet this year.


I did finish a quilt for our neighbors new baby.  He is the newest addition to the young family whose three year old was killed in a car accident last January.






My "sister" (college/forever friend)  oldest daughter is expecting her third any day.  Since Dar and Len both grew up on Wisconsin farms, I made a John Deere quilt for the baby.  That is if he's a boy.  It is the same pattern I have used before.  I used some different fabrics and backing.

I have to finish free motion quilting  border of the "if the baby's a girl."  Yes,  again I used a pattern I have used before! 



The day after Christmas a former neighbor "boy" who grew up with our boys came with his girl friend to announce they had become engaged two hours before. They hadn't even called her parents yet.  He has been an extra son to us most of his life.  I had tease them before that they needed to give me enough time to make their Christmas Tree Skirt between engagement and the wedding.  Their wedding is being planned for May. I have the flimsy ready to sandwich and quilt.


Enough procrastinating!  Back to bookwork!


11 comments:

Tracy said...

Nice work...I'd say you got much done so far this year. I really like the top design...may have to try that one!
I hear you about the taxes! It's once again that time for me too.

WhiteStone said...

Nicely done! I'm working on a small quilt for my daughter...either nap size or wall hanging. Other than that, my quilting has been slow the past year. Fun to see your projects!

Maria said...

I just love it when you pop up Linda..
Great photo of the Grandies in the snow. Cools me down.. Oh and of course there is John Deere even in the snow..
Nice to have a break from the books.
Lovely quilts you have made for both the neighbours baby and your friends DD.
Also another nice tree skirt...
I did finally make one for my DD for Christmas this year...

Vickie said...

I'm so glad you took a minute to show us your projects, they are all beautiful. You have been busy. Your grand kids are adorable playing in the snow. I'm ready for spring how about you?

FlourishingPalms said...

You're so thoughtful to make all these quilts for others. How nice for the recipients. Sorry about the bookwork. It's a necessary evil, isn't it? Yuck about taxes.

Linda said...

Wow, I'm so glad you posted. I've been wondering about you...Yes, farm duties and taxes come first. It looks like you've done alot to have so much on your plate! Your projects look great!

Sharon said...

Such nice projects you've done, Linda! I haven't done any quilting yet this year. I've been knitting. :)

Pokey said...

It is good to see you post, but I sure understand the business....boo to the tax junk...we have that coming up, too.

I like the gift quilts, that John Deere one is adorable! The backing is just perfect ~
:-}pokey

Michele Bilyeu said...

Oh, what a wonderful wife, mom, grandmother and friend you are! I love all of these precious quilts and am just loving reading your blog and feeling your heart and beautiful spirit in all of your lovely giving! I am so glad you left me a blog comment so I could follow you back here. Now you are a blog friend, too!

John'aLee said...

Your quilts are beautiful. And thank you so much for your comment today. you truly touched my heart!

happeningswithLana said...

Love the quilts!