Thirty minutes before I had to leave for a baby shower I finished her quilt. I have been having alot of grandma duty the past few weeks so there was no time for quilting. I thought I had a few weeks before the shower only to find out Thursday afternoon the shower was today!!!!! So Thursday and Friday nights were spent sewing the flimsy. Saturday night I started the quilting and finished after church this morning. Lisa is 39 and is carrying her first baby to full term. She has lost several babies previously. Genevieve is a very prayed for and welcomed baby.
DIL-1 had to make a quick three day trip to the Denver aware two weeks ago to attend the funeral of her 33 year old cousin who had died of Lou Gehrig's disease. Between DS-1, Papa and myself we had Kasey and Cole. Then Saturday they attended a memorial service in Albert Lea, MN. We had the kids for the day rather than have them make the round trip in one day.
I have also had Tatum for two weekends. She needs the one on one time. DIL-2 has found after Tatum spends a day and night with me she is calmer and more relaxed at home. I love having them with me and doing the special things that Grandma's get to do!!!
Since it has been a while since I posted--I will include a Halloween picture of the kids!
DIL-1 had stopped at Good Will for Halloween outfits. She picked up a jersey for Cole. When DS took one look he said, "Packers beat them in the Super Bowl." So he had to wear his Cheese Hat. Kasey was a cheerleader complete with pompoms. When asked to cheer she would yell, "GO PLAYERS." DIL-1 was the ref-complete with the flag in her pocket.


4 comments:
What a pretty quilt you made for Genevieve.See it goes to show what we can do if we have too.
You have been busy with the Granddies.
Sometimes deadlines are a good thing, huh? You are blessed to get to spend so much time with your grandies. Not all of us are that fortunate, but I do get a bit more sewing time. Ah... the grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it?
Well, at least you got it finished and the baby isn't a year old, right???? It's very sweet too. Good job.
I know what you mean about Grandma time. I keep my youngest on the weekend and it has really taken a big bite out of my sewing/quilting time. I'm not getting hardly anything done. I enjoy my time with my grandbabies and wouldn't change it for anything. I just keep thinking I'll have time when they don't want to see me as much or when they're bigger and don't need me. I try to sneak in sewing time whenever I can now but still not getting alot done. I am blessed to have my grandbabies and I love spending time with them. Sewing can wait.
Yes, this baby is very special and should have such a pretty quilt! (It is such beautiful!!)
Post a Comment