Sunday, October 2, 2011

Enjoying The Beautiful Fall Weather!!

On our home from church this morning we saw two Trumpeter Swans on the pond across the road from our house.  I don't know how many days before they continue on their route.  Each spring they stop for a day and then move on.  


Yesterday was a new experience for DH and I.  We went with DIL-2's family 4-wheeling.  Our neighbors insisted that we take their machines.  We drove to the Chequamegon National Forest about 75 miles north.  It was a beautiful fall day with the leaves at the peak.  We road ATV's about 45 miles on trails in the woods,  through mud holes,  up hills, and around beautiful lakes.  I didn't see any elk but Chad saw about 7 the night before.  I did see elk tracks though.  


This is Katie's, 72 year old Grandma on her wheeler.  

Most of our miles where on trails like this one.   This is a pic of one of the mud holes that some of us went around. However, Katie's dad was sure he could make it through.  In his other life he is a pastor and uses days like this to relax!  It was a great day!!


It was a fun day!  Occasionally I thought to myself, I could be home quilting!  But, it was a treat spending time outdoors with special people in our lives!! 



4 comments:

betty said...

I've seen Canadian geese down here in groups which made me wonder if they were migrating, but it must be that time of year. Sounds like a fun day you had! Good that you decided to do this! Quilting can happen on those cold winter days!

betty

Maria said...

Nice photo of the swans. So special to see them. Where I swin in the summer we often have Black Swans visit at the rivermouth.
So lovely to be out in such beautiful counrty with loved ones. You can sew when it is wet and wintery.

Julie Fukuda said...

Beautiful fall scenes. Our fly-ways are nearer the coast and I miss the passing of flocks. Then, again, we do have some pretty fancy winter visitors from Siberia coming in soon.

FlourishingPalms said...

How nice that you could get out to enjoy the beautiful day. We've had the same here, but I HAVE been in the basement quilting. I should be outdoors, appreciating the limited number of pretty days that remain before winter. Maybe tomorrow.