
To shorten my story she has a compression fracture of the spine and is experiencing several muscle spasms in her back. On April 30th I had to move her to a Convalescent Center thirty minutes from home. We think it will be short term--maybe two-three weeks. However, it has added to the confusion of this time of year. I am taking this morning off from school to take her for a doctor's appointment. I am praying that either he finds her much better so she is able to come home or that one more week will be all she needs. So far she is in great spirits knowing that she will be home soon.
I have not even had time to look at my sewing machine since I finished Kasey's quilt.
I apologize for not responding to comments or reading blogs the past couple of weeks. School is almost over--WHOO HOOO! Then I will become reacquainted with my blogging friends.
God Bless,
Linda
9 comments:
Sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope she recovers well enough to return to her home and activities. I figured you were busy with the end of school stuff. Saying extra prayers for your Mom and you. Take care!
I hope you Mom recovers quickly. I know what it is to deal with a loved one in this situation and it takes a lot out of everyone. Take care of yourself - I'll say a prayer for you.
love your blog header picture; too cute! so sorry to hear about your mom! I hope she makes a very quick recovery to be able to return home!!
betty
I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's difficulties, but glad you are nearby and available to help as needed. You're a good daughter.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for you Mom. What a blessing that she has been able to care for herself for so long. Hopefully this will only be a temporary set back. Summer will be here SO soon and you will have the luxury of time to take care of everything you have put off for so long!
Hello Linda, I found your blog through Janet. I love what I have read. Sorry to hear about your mom's injury. I will pray for a speedy recovery for her. Also congrats on the new granddaughter. All of your grandbabies are so cute. I am loving your McCall's BOM. Kind of wish I had started that one, but I have too many going as it is. LOL Have a good day.
Darryl asked me about your mom. Hope things are going well. Your new quote above is just what I needed today.
Hi, Linda,
So sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she'll be feeling better soon.
Our last day of school is this Friday. I'm so happy about it...looking forward to summer break.
Take care. :)
Thanks for posting that very appropriate sign. I also live by... "He never said it would be easy, he only said it would be worth it". Good luck to you and your mom. Vickie
Post a Comment