One of the things I did without my computer !!
Kasey's New Blankie!
During a Friday night sew in over a year ago I pieced together a little girl's quilt top. I didn't like it very well. It ended up in a drawer. A couple of times last summer when 2 1/2 year old Kasey would forget her blankie I would pull it out for her to cuddle with.
Two weeks ago DIL-1 called to say that they were going to stop on their way home. Kasey had a question for me. She ran to the house to ask if I would make her a new blankie. Her old blankie has many patches and each time it was washed there was another tear. She decided she needed a new one. DIL-1 told Kasey they had several blankets at home she could pick one. Kasey told her no. That Grandma Linda would make her one!
We went upstairs to find the top. She picked out the cupcake fabric for the backing. Sunday after church she rode home with with us to "help"me finish the new blanky. She reminded me twice that it was a blanky not a quilt! She told me I was her "best friend!"
I guess the top was just waiting
for the right time for Kasey to decide she needed a new "blankie!"
God Bless,
Linda
8 comments:
Nothing like a down computer to help a girl get things done! I've been trying not to turn mine on till the evening!
That is a very nice blankie!
So nice to read your post again Linda.
My Kasey has grown since I started following you. she is quiet grown up now.
What a lovely "Blankie".Pretty colours and I also love the cupcake fabric.Did you put the heart on her top??
What a sweet story. And to be called "best friend"! You lucky gramma!
There are days I do wish the computer did not work. Amazing what else you can find to do. You are so fortunate that she wanted her new blankie to come from you and best friend, wow. Way to go, Linda. Judy C wishes you a wonderful weekend.
What great blankie -- and such a sweet story to go with it.
Kasey's face says it all. What a great blankie from a best friend. Nice to have you back on line.
What a darling picture! My own computer is more off than on and I know it is only a matter of time until I find myself in your place.
What an adorable girl and equally adorable blanket!
Post a Comment