Sunday, September 20, 2009

Finally Finding Time...

One more Christmas Skirt finished! This one is whimsical. I used fabrics from Moda's Holly Jolly Snowman fabrics. The blocks are the Disappearing 9-patch.

With three weeks of school over, I think the students are getting into a routine or maybe it is me! I become extremely frustrated because I am unable to meet all the academic needs of my students. Their IEP's call for individualized instruction and with so many students I am unable to provide the time needed. I don't consider giving them seatwork to do independently as quality instruction time. This year I have 30 minutes a day of prep time when there are no students in my classroom. I am so glad I am learning to quilt. It gives me time to escape and relax.

Linda from The Quilting Cat "piwacketquilts.blogspot.com" is talking of setting up a Yahoo Group for Christian Quilters called, "Quilting Angels." Is anyone interested in connecting in this way?

Linda

3 comments:

Linda said...

Hey! I've created our group, but we're going to be the Crafty Angels instead. That way if you're interested in knitting, cross-stitch, etc., there will still be a community of Christian ladies to support one another. I'm still setting everything up and will send out invites as soon as I'm ready. Thanks for the nudge, fellow Linda!

Granny Lyn said...

I just love that tree skirt, the fabrics you chose are awesome! I'm also interested in the Crafty Angels, what a wonderful way to share.

(I'm a Linda, too) tee hee

Becky J said...

i love that tree skirt! did you have a pattern or did you just wing it with the D9P? do you mind if i copy it? I'd love to join your crafty angels but i am overwhelmed with groups already. Its a wonderful idea!