The first week of June was Tatum, Jessa and Kylie's dance recital.
I have completed a couple of quilting projects. This was a free runner pattern from All People Quilt. I should have read the entire pattern before cutting. I wasted a great deal of fabric when sewing the flying geese. I would have used the no waste method!
It was supposed to be a gift, ended up as a gift for me.
I stepped out of my security box when I selected the Mommy & Me pattern to make as a gift. I used machine applique on the elephants and balloons. Katy loved it.
Colby rode his bike across the trail from their home to our house on Wednesday. He brings his John Deere tote bag ( on the couch behind him) which contains some of his John Deere toys and his six year old baby blanket. He allowed me to take a picture of his well used blanket. I offered to sew on new borders and a new binding. He told me he likes it as it is. It goes to bed with him every night.
I have two Christmas tree skirts to work on in the next few weeks.
Oh, have I mentioned lately I love being Grandma! Eight of the nine were at our house for lunch unexpectedly. Love it...Hot dogs, grilled cheese, applesauce, milk and juice. An ok spur of the moment lunch!
Oh, have I mentioned lately I love being Grandma! Eight of the nine were at our house for lunch unexpectedly. Love it...Hot dogs, grilled cheese, applesauce, milk and juice. An ok spur of the moment lunch!
Have a wonderful July!
Linda





4 comments:
What a blessing with all the grand kids! Looked like so much fun with them all! Great looking quilts too!
betty
It's always lovely to go to Grand daughter's dance recitals...
Oh how nice to see how well loved Colby's quilt is..
Gorgeous table runner and I love Katy's baby quilt, great sewing,
Looks like fun Lunch with most of your beautiful granndies,, Boy they have all grown up ...
Such beautiful quilts, even the 6-year old one! Time with grands is so precious. Enjoy! ~Jeanne
This was llovely to read
Post a Comment