I searched through pinterest looking at different styles and possibilities. I found a e-pattern to purchase with three sizes and all the directions. MOST of the instructions were ok. Other things, I am glad I know how to sew and how to quilt. It was challenging in some things.
It called for fuseable interfacing on the sides and bottom of the outer fabric and lining fabric. High loft batting 1/2 inch. Sewing the sides to the one bottom piece at the corners was interesting.
It worked and I appreciated my walking foot! I used the same fabric as the lining.
There are many things I will do differently when I make another one.
The pattern called for a simple blanket... I knew it needed a matching quilt.
I will find out next week how she like it. Kasey saw it today. She walked over to me to whisper, "Grandma will you make one for me for my birthday?"




3 comments:
That looks cute but such a lot of work! I would imagine the surprised look on her face when she gets it for her birthday :)
betty
The dolls cradle is gorgeous with it's matching wee quilt and well worth all the work to make it.
Little Kylie will love it and I am sure you will make one for Kasey too.
That is beautiful. I love the fabrics and the little matching quilt is the perfect finishing touch.
Post a Comment