Hello Blogging World...
If you don't want to read my thoughts...Stop now! This has been quite a summer.
First things first.
I have been very blessed by having the opportunity to spend time with my precious grandkids all summer. I have had one family on Mondays and the other family on Fridays. With a few more days and nights thrown in for good measure. Plus a full week while a daycare provided was on vacation.
The kids are GROWING! The oldest five are all great friends and enjoy spending time together.
Last week was VBS. On Friday when all the big kids were at church I had the youngest two. That was fun! Colby ( 20 months) usually has had all the little kids toys to himself. He didn't know what to think when Kylie (11 months) also wanted to play.
I have spent many many hours working at cleaning out my MIL's house. I hauled 15 truck loads to St. Vincent's Thrift shop, plus loads to recycling, and a few loads to the dumpster. One of the things I was able bring was this beautiful dish . I also brought old wash tubs and the bottom of an old Hoosier cabinet. The doilies I had brought home last winter when going through things with a SIL.
There was a set of of antique dinnerware I would have loved, however I don't have a place for them. I have a small home so there is not room for many of the things found.
As my DH says, "Linda, you have to stick up for yourself." I am a great advocate for others, but lack advocating for myself. There was a desk I would have liked to have but thought BIL and SIL had wanted it. When I found out they didn't I had decided it would work well in my sewing room. The next day the other SIL called and wanted to take it to her husband in home office. So I said sure. It would have been great in my sewing room.
***UPDATE: The desk is to large for my BIL's room and needs more repair than he wants to do. It will be coming to my sewing room. My DIL's mother refinishes furniture!
I worked at it all summer to finally clean out the house to put it on the market. It will be so nice not to be paying a third of the heat, electric, and taxes on an empty house.
Two trips to the ER for DH in July. Another change of meds. I didn't realize that our lives would have changed so much five years ago when DH was first diagnosed with his heart issues.
A few days were spent at a conference on co-teaching with gen ed teachers for students with disabilities in the gen. ed classroom. Then a couple of days at school planning with other teachers for RTI (Response To Intervention) for this school year.
Last week we were hit with a hail storm. 550 acres of our corn and soybeans were damaged or destroyed. There were still drifts of hail 24 hours later.
No quilting has been accomplished at all! Too tired!!!! It seems unreal that meetings at school start next week!


2 comments:
Hello Linda, I always enjoy reading your post. Your gorgeous Grandies are growing up so quickly. How wonderful they can spend time with you and enjoy playing together. I am sure the two little ones will become great buddies too.
I think your dear hubby is right as you stand back when you should just stand up for yourself. I am just like you and often let folk ride over me...guess that's just us!
Hope hubby is doing well on his new Meds. My hubby had a triple bypass 9 weeks ago and it is very worrying..
Sounds like you are very busy with your teaching, getting ready for the next semester.
Do hope you get to have some ME time soon.
Hugz Maria
Linda your Grandkids are adorable. You are so blessed to have them all close enough to watch them grow up. I'm sorry to hear about DH and the ER. It's so hard to have health problems and double hard when it's the man, I think. I hope the medication changes have helped. Things are only things. When we cleaned out my Mom's house, I reminded myself that my memories and family relationships were more important than things. Hard sometimes tho. I haven't sewn a stitch this year--miss it, but other things to spend time on. Take Care!
Post a Comment